Saturday, July 17, 2010

The Send Off

I had another adventure with my children. We journeyed to Hinesville, GA, to watch "the soldier" leave for Iraq.

The 3 girls, 1 soldier, and their mama...in one vehicle....and everyone survived! We picked up Joseph on Monday morning at 6:00 on base. As we were loading his gigantic army bags into the car, reveille played. Seems as if you could hear it everywhere. Wow! That was great! Things were really put into perpsective at that point and we were all a little more solemn after that. Joseph met with quite a few more young men and women, were issued their guns, and began their journey.

He called on Wednesday with excitement in his voice. I was glad to hear that. He's called a few more times throughout the next few days. Haven't heard as much from his this week as I imagine their duties have really begun.

Many prayers and much love sent to all who serve........especially that one "soldier".......

No comments:

Post a Comment