Saturday, July 17, 2010

Ch..ch....changes......

My life has taken quite a few twists and turns these last few months.

I have gone back to my "old" job which is a "good" thing. Not that my other job was a "bad" thing. It's just that the benefits of my return are greater than the benefit of my staying where I was. Make sense?

I have also had to start taking the trash off, again, since Joseph left. A chore I really do NOT enjoy.

Speaking of changes..... I made a request of my 4 children. I invited them to a sleepover at my house....just the 5 of us before Joseph's tour began. They all complied. I think I can speak for all of us in saying that we really did have a good time. Many thanks to Ben and Jason for allowing me to take their spouses for the night. We started the evening with supper @ Wings followed by a trip to the grocery store for snacks. I might add that they were a lot easier to keep track of in the store when they were little. I stuffed them all in a buggy and off we went (Not now. When they were little.) We all had things to get and then meet at the register. I fully expected to be stuck with this tab, but to my surprise they paid for their own.

When we got home, we laughed and laughed and finally made our way to dreamland at about 11:30. I realized a few things during this sleepover......
1. We take up a lot more space than we used to.
2. If you don't beat Meredith to the shower, you won't get one. She uses all the hot water.
3. I have very witty children.
4. I am VERY blessed to have such caring children and am so proud of each and every one and the additions they have brought and will bring to our family. Of course, I always knew I was blessed, but I just wanted to put it in writing.

There have been a few more changes we won't go into, right now, but...

It's ALL good!

No comments:

Post a Comment