from an old Creedence Clearwater Revival song by the same name. One of their "calmer" ones. I love music....always have....always will. My tastes haven't changed so much in my lifetime. I've always liked pretty much any music except acid rock and rap.
The radio station selection depends on my frame of mind. I had a friend-who was going through a divorce at the time- say that the only music he could listen to during his emotional goings-on was "head-banging" music. I, of course, doubted his wisdom at his young age. Later, when I was going through some "stuff" of my own---I remembered what he said. Tried it and it rang true. Lesson learned.
I love to sing with the radio....my kids love it when I "don't" sing with the radio. It's a great stress reliever for me. Just let me be frustrated and crank up the music. A couple of hours later, I'm a new woman. Beats drinking and eating......and no hangover or weight gain. Try it.
There are the songs that make me cry. The ones that make me laugh. The sentimental ones. A mirage of memories all wrapped up in a song. Wow.
A friend of mine was riding along with me, recently, and I wasn't feeling too well. This person looked at me and said, "You're sick." I said, "How do you know?" Response: "You don't have the radio on.........
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment