Thanksgiving......I have a lot of thanks to give, but I won't do it all here. Some of the things I'm thankful for are the generic things that most folks give thanks for: health (although I have something bronchial going on at the moment), children (4 to be exact and 2 g'children), animals (1 horse - the smartest in the world, by the way, and looks very good in his new haircut I gave him), parents (both still here and basically in good health), sibling (1 brother), vehicle (new truck, oh yeah, and it likes to go to the mountains), food ($160.00 for Thanksgiving, alone, which I intend to eat leftovers for quite some time), and good friends (of which I am meeting some school chums on Friday for lunch.)....yes, I still associate, communicate, and eat with quite a few of my old school friends.
Quite a repertoire of thankfulness.
I also am thankful that our God is a God of comfort and peacefulness. I have a cousin who is having some seriously rough surgery, today, and I know that God in His infinite wisdom will be there and in control. Thank you for that.
I hope that we take the time to remember all of the things that we are thankful for and not just that tomorrow will be a day of feasting and napping and looking at newspaper ads.
P.S. Who is going to write us a really good Thanksgiving song? Are there some hidden in the dark archives that need to be brought to light....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Have a great t-giving Donna, we'll be carving our small turkey out here on the windy & desolate prairie!
ReplyDeleteThank you! I'll be carving a ham/turkey w/ my family minus Joseph who is in basic training and my son-in-law who is in Iraq. At least the rain has stopped and the day is looking to be bright and sunny.
ReplyDeleteWish we were there, sounds delish!!!
ReplyDelete